The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen


Pages: 320
Release Date: January 6, 2019 Publisher: Independently Published
Buy: Amazon
Add: Goodreads


Synopsis...
They say your first kiss should be earned. 
Mine was stolen by a devil in a masquerade mask under the black Chicago sky. 
They say the vows you take on your wedding day are sacred. 
Mine were broken before we left church. 
They say your heart only beats for one man. 
Mine split and bled for two rivals who fought for it until the bitter end. 
I was promised to Angelo Bandini, the heir to one of the most powerful families in the Chicago Outfit. 
Then taken by Senator Wolfe Keaton, who held my father’s sins over his head to force me into marriage. 
They say that all great love stories have a happy ending. 
I, Francesca Rossi, found myself erasing and rewriting mine until the very last chapter. 

One kiss. 
Two men. 
Three lives. 
Entwined together. 

And somewhere between these two men, I had to find my forever.

My Thoughts

All I can say is, the Kiss thief by L J Shen needs a series! Arranged marriages/ marriage of convenience is one of my top romantic troupes and it was executed so well in this book! It had everything we look for in books, an asshole hero, a heroine who is sweet and innocent but not a doormat and knows how to make the hero grovel that she has him worshipping at her feet.


Until The Kiss Thief had been released, Trent and Edie (from Scandalous) were my favourite romantic couple from all her books, but I now I can officially say that they have been ditched to second place as Wolfe and Francesca have taken the mantle. There I said it. I love Wolfe and Francesca more!

"besides", he hissed only for me to hear, his warm,minty breath tickling the side of my neck, " if my bride knew me even a little, she'd know I never kneel."

This basically sums up his whole demeanour, literally and figuratively. He is full of pride does not accept defeat and does tolerate deceit never bowing down to anyone. Wolfe Keaton has left me utterly memorised. He is perfection. *deep sigh*. Every sentence, every expression and every feeling he conveys towards Francesca just makes my deep love for this character worse making me swoon a little bit more. I tend not to enjoy love triangles because it leaves me disappointed and sad for the one who doesn’t get the girl, but let’s be honest here, Francesca was always destined for Keaton. I had absolutely no remorse for Angelo – it is a typical example of actions speak louder than words. Although Keaton’s words at first seem cruel, as the story progresses his actions spoke volumes of how much he cares about Francesca. His jealousy is so cute– I don’t know if we can describe Wolfe as cute, - sorry I mean SO HOT, that I found myself rereading back to these scenes, just because! Also let’s not forget the grovelling -  Francesca definitely did an excellent job in making him suffer like she did, and who doesn’t love a heroine who knows how to make the hero work for it.

"I knew every minute in this house brought me closer to marriage with Wolfe Keaton, and escaping wasn't possible. the only man to save me from my future husband was, quite frankly, my future husband."

I know the innocent virgin heroine is a cliché troupe but I am apologetically a massive fan of these books, in fact books with this theme are automatically go in my TBR. Francesca however is not your usual innocent heroine, she is strong headed, has a beautiful soul and values the most important things such as trust and kindness and when the time comes when she is wrongly accused, she rises higher, silently, simply, effortlessly and powerfully– she manages to bring him to his knees, literally and figuratively (My favourite scene *wink*) . She effortlessly wraps Wolfe around her little finger and has created a soft spot in his heart that he is in tune to her every emotion, every action and every word. ITS SOO ADORABLY SWEET!

LJ Shen never ceases to disappoint, every detail of the characters she creates are purposeful, from the expression, to the dialogue and to their actions. She cleverly is able to make us fall in love with assholes – which is a very hard thing to do! She twists and cuts and reshapes clichés into her own creating a romantic novel which is flawless, hot, sweet, passionate, all at once. It is five stars and beyond for me! 
My Rating: 5 Stars!!
*I received an ARC for an Honest Review*

Comments

Popular Posts