Not So Nice Guy by R.S. Grey

Pages: 273
Release Date: August 9th 2018
Publisher: kindle edition
Buy: Amazon
Add: Goodreads

Synopsis...
"Oh my god. Who that?"
I get asked this question a lot.
"Oh him?" I reply. "That's just Ian."

Just Ian is the biggest understatement of the century.
Just the Mona Lisa. Just the Taj Mahal. Just Ian, with his boring ol' washboard abs and dime-a-dozen dimpled smile.

Just Ian is... just my best friend.

We're extremely close, stuck so deep inside a Jim-and-Pam-style friendzone everyone at works assumes we're a couple - that is until one day, word spreads through the teacher's lounge that he's single. Fair game. Suddenly, it's open season on Ian.

He should be reveling in all the newfound attention, but to our mutual surprise, the only attention he seems to want is mine.

He's turning our formerly innocent nightly chats into x-rated phone calls. Our playful banter sports a new, dangerous edge.

I want to assume he's playing a prank on me, just pushing my buttons like always - but when Ian lifts me onto the desk in my classroom and slides his hands up my skirt, he doesn't leave a lot of room for confusion.

I'm a little scared of things going south, of losing my best friend because I can't keep my hands to myself. So, I'm just going to back away and not return this earth-shattering kiss - oh who am I kidding?!

Goodbye Ian, ol' buddy, ol' pal!

Helloooo mister not so nice guy.
 


My Thoughts
One word. Phenomenal. If this book were in a contest of Best Romantic comedy, it would get 1st, 2nd 3rd prize - hands down. Ever since reading The Design by R.S Grey I have been hooked on every book that Grey has brought out just waiting for the next dose of her comedy. You can expect that the humor and romance will be heightened - 10 fold! 

Ian Fletcher is your cool, Badass chemistry Teacher at Oak Hill High School that all the students look up to in awe. Not only the students but the fellow female teachers too, only in a different way.... However he has only eyes for one women, Samantha Loring, a journalism Teacher who happens to also be his best friend ever since they met at the teacher's orientation. Samantha Loring is no stranger to the attention she gets from the male teachers at Oak Hill however she seems to be clueless - which works to Ian's advantage as he tries to ward off any male who tries to approach her. From the very beginning it is obvious that this attraction is not one sided; the whole school - from rumors spread by students , to the teacher's lounge, everyone seems to think they are an item because of the endless time they spend together in and outside of school. This book is ultimately about the fragility of crossing the line from friends to lovers and the vulnerability of the characters who are afraid of losing one or another - from changing a relationship that is already so strong and precious to either destroying it completely or giving it a new meaning and purpose. 

" The girls you date wax themselves from head to toe. You probably have to tie their smooth , frictionless bodies down so they don't slide of the bed during sex"

I smirk. " I might tie them up, but not for that reason."

Grey's romantic comedy is unique as fingerprints and DNA, created flawlessly and effortlessly. She is able to create such amazing female leads who are funny, sexy, shy , bold, feisty all at the same time and male leads that are hot, arrogant, sweet, funny, handsome, irritating, confident to name a few. She builds connections, turns cliche into individuality and turns humorous to sexy with a flick of a page.

Not so Nice Guy just like every other book that Grey writes, is five stars from me. What I look for in the Rom-Com genre is that it needs to make me laugh out loud, smile like an idiot and make me swoon over the romance  - this book does just that. 
My Rating: 5 Stars!!
*I received an ARC for an Honest Review*

Comments

Popular Posts