Fear the Beard (The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC #2) by Lani Lynn Vale

Pages: 273
Release Date: 30th March 2017
Publisher: Kindle edition
Series: The Dixie Warden Rejects
Other books in series: Beard Mode, Son of a Beard, I'm Only Here for the Beard
Buy: Amazon
Add: Goodreads

Synopsis...
Tally is a twenty-year-old single mother struggling to finish nursing school. Has she made mistakes in life? Sure, but her daughter isn’t one of them. She works hard, she studies even harder, and she’s only a few weeks away from graduating. 


She’s living her life the best she knows how when she witnesses a near miss motorcycle accident between a car and a biker. A biker that happens to be the most talked about teacher at her college.


The moment she meets those startling blue, narrowly-escaped-death eyes, she realizes quickly that life as she knows it has changed. No longer will she be content to let life pass her by, even if it puts everything she’s worked so hard for in jeopardy.


Tommy is a highly skilled doctor. A teacher. A veteran. A fully-patched member of The Dixie Wardens MC. He’s lonely, but also set in his ways. What will it take for this man to accept that he needs to make some changes in his life? Apparently, it’ll take a guy in a truck, who’s preoccupied with his phone rather than focused on the road, nearly plowing into him on his bike at seventy miles per hour. Oh, and a twenty-something year old nursing student witnessing the entire thing from only a few feet away. 


It only takes a second, a single heartbeat in time, as he looks into her worry-filled eyes to realize that he’d give anything for a single night with her. He may lose his job in the process, but after that one incredible night turns into an amazing weekend, he knows it’s worth the risk for the promise of her forever.


My Thoughts


Want a book with forbidden student – teacher romance, a tattooed hero with a motorcycle, and a kick-ass single mother?  Then, I would 100% recommend Fear the beard, the second book in the Dixy Warden Rejects series!  I was hooked from start to finish and had read it entirely in one sitting. This is the first book written by author Lani Lynn Vale that I have read and I cant believe that I haven’t read more of her books - one thing I can say for a fact is that this will not be the last.

From the beginning of the book we are introduced to the hero, a 33 year old ER doctor called Tommy who is a teacher at Tally’s school. Tally is a nursing student in her early twenties who also happens to be a single mother of an 8 month adorable baby girl called Tallulah. Despite being so young she has matured way beyond her years and is not like any other student her age as her efforts are solely for her daughter and like any normal person she is battling with the diffulties of being a mother whilst studying at the same time. The attraction between Tommy and Tally is undeniable and extremely frustrating for Tommy as he battles with his inner need to have Tally but his duty to  respect her wish of not being in a public relationship until she graduates .

Tommy has to be another hero added to my top favorites list.  The bond he had created between himself and Tallulah, and how he is in constant awe when watching tally interact with her daughter shows us a side of him that we don’t get to see in many books in situations where the the child is not the heroes own. His instinct to be protective, supportive and a desire to make them his before anyone else could get the chance shows that he he was totally head over heels first for Tally.

'Tears, though, they were my undoing  .
Seeing a woman cry—young or old—was enough to make my stomach clench and my heart start to ache.'

It was an amazing book to read, I loved every word of it , I loved the realism in the book in regards to women ‘issues or taboos’ that Tally hilariously seemed to experience …( I know I’m being vague and I’m not sure that I'm making sense but you will know what I'm referring to when you read the book ;) I found myself upset that it finished so soon so I read it multiple times just to swoon,tear up and laugh all over again.

He’d been looking down at the floor to ensure that he didn’t accidentally see my body, but the weird noise I made caused his eyes to flicker up, and then become frozen on my body.
I had big boobs.
Really big boobs. 
In fact, they were still big because I was breastfeeding, and they’d not been small to begin with.
 “I’ll just be, uhh, out here,” he murmured. 
I cleared my throat and clutched the clothes to my chest, but before I could blink, he was gone. 
I looked down at my chest to see just how much boobage he actually got, and yep…there was full nipplage. 
Perfect. 
Just fucking perfect.
And the icing on the cake? My fucking milk was dripping out of them.

OMG haha I just cant get over that scene. ( or maybe It's just me...)  Lani Lynn Vale had done an amazing job in creating real authentic romances, with lifestyles we can relate to and if I had any criticisms it would only be that it ended too soon and I hope we do see more of this couple later in series!

Loved the characters, loved the story line, loved the themes, loved everything!

My rating:
**5 Stars**

Comments

Popular Posts