Manacle (MC Sinners Next Generation #3) By Bella Jewel


Pages: 216
Release Date: 23rd May 2016
Publisher: Kindle Edition
Series: MC Sinners Next Generation
Buy: Amazon
Add: Goodreads

Synopsis...
I’ve loved Danny since I was five.
He’s loved me longer.
It seemed destined that we would be together, it seemed like the stars had aligned.
Then we grew up and life got in the way.
He’s stepping up to be president of the Motorcycle club we grew up in.
And I want no part in it.
I want to be free, to travel the world and experience life without violence.
He’s not willing to give up the club.
I’m not willing to be an old lady.
But giving him up is like losing a part of myself.
Love isn’t easy.
Life certainly never is.
The manacles he has wrapped around me will hold me to him.
No matter how hard I try to run.

My Thoughts

Manacle is the highly anticipated third book of the MC Sinners Next Generation and is a standalone romance novel. This book is…**drum roll** Danny’s and Skye’s Book! I couldn’t wait to read this one after getting a snippet in the previous book Drifter.

Skye is a young woman who is in love with Danny, the next son in line with the title of becoming the MC Sinner president, after Jackson. If you have read Pandemonium, you will know that Ava, Jackson’s daughter was captured by a rival enemy and she had gone through a traumatic, emotional experience – carrying the guilt of helplessly watching another girl die potentially due to herself is what Skye fears about the life of the MC club and wants to live a normal life free of danger and expectations.

“It scares the hell out of me. I can’t risk it. I can’t take the chance that one day I’ll have kids and someone will hurt them to get back at the club. I love my family. I love the club, but it is not the life I want. It’ll never be the life I want. Unless there is a promise of no violence,then I can just never turn back to it.”

Danny however, embraces the MC  life and had always wanted to become the MC president and he does not want to sacrifice this life for a normal one like Skye who neither wants to sacrifice safety and the chance for freedom. This causes struggles in their relationship. Danny wants Skye to embrace the MC life and acknowledge that it is a part of her that she cannot distance herself from it as ultimately it is her home – however she is in denial.

“You know I’m right,” he says, his voice husky, so fucking beautiful.
“Danny,” I whisper, starting at his lips watching the last few droplets of water spilling of them and running down his chin. “ please.”
“Tell me I’m wrong and mean it and I’ll let you go. Until then, I’m not lettin’ you ruin so much fuckin love over fear.”

The relationship between Skye and Danny is complicated to say the least. Danny has given so many chances to Skye and constantly asking her to be with him, and accept the life in the MC whilst Skye constantly distance herself from him for in order to not get hurt and fall in love with him. This makes him mean, an A hole at times and an angry broody character. Throughout the book you see how they both struggle to move on because of the pull of their attraction. It is evident no matter how much Danny may be in denial or tries to move on , he is always there when Skye is in trouble and jealous when she is with another man.

"We want two different things, and neither of us is willing to give up on what we love."

This book is a rollercoaster of emotions, when at times you are shouting for Skye to wake up and realise a normal life is not her true identity but feel for  Danny when he tries to  realise what is more important, love or the MC? My heart goes out to Danny who truly tried hard to win Skye and when he wasn’t successful – tried to move on, so I must say that I was a little annoyed when Skye only realised her love was inevitable when he was starting to recover from the heart break and had found someone else. However, ultimately they belong to each other and the book was excellent in demonstrating the characters emotions in each situation. A great quick read, loved the concept!

My Rating: 5 Stars!!

Comments

Popular Posts